Refurbishment of existing Marks & Spencer store and conversion of former first floor storage area into new trading area including the installation of an escalator, disabled access, new car park lighting and signage, without disruption to store trading.
Erect protection in food hall for night work and remove before opening time each morning to ensure no disruption to store opening hours. Cut out first floor and excavate pit including alterations to existing drainage. Remove and replace existing car park lighting and remove shop front.
Structural engineering works included:
- Form opening in existing concrete first floor
- Divert existing ground floor drainage
- Form escalator pit in existing ground floor
- Install new disabled access
- Form new pedestrian walkway in car park
- Remove existing car park lighting and install new
- Install new signage
- Structural alterations to existing shop front